ICE PIGGING combines the operational advantages of flushing with the cleaning impact of soft pigging. The Ice Pig is a semi-solid that is pumped like a liquid and flows through changes in diameter, bends and fittings without blockage. ICE PIGGING has a minimum impact on operations. The ice pig is simply pumped into and recovered from a hydrant at each end of the pipe section without excavation or modification to the hydrant.
ICE PIGGING VALUE
- Uses a fraction of the water needed for flushing
- Requires minimal downtime
- Requires no excavation
- Injected and recovered through hydrants without modification
- Effective removal of sediment, debris and bio-film; superior to flushing
- Reduces disinfectant demand/improves residual
- NSF Compliant
ICE PIGGING APPLICATIONS
ICE PIGGING effectively removes sediments, biofilms and foreign matter in pipes, which in turn improves water quality.
It is suitable for:
- All pipe materials
- Mains up to 16 inches diameter and higher for special projects
- Raw water
- Potable water
- Sewer network – solution under development
ICE PIGGING is an effective, sustainable tool when used alone or as part of a holistic distribution system water quality and asset management strategy.
To view some recent footage of ice pigging in action in the Atlanta, follow this link to the WSB Channel 2 News website for footage of one of Utility Service Group’s recent projects: http://www.wsbtv.com/videos/news/county-uses-ice-pigging-to-clean-up-water-lines/vCbzy9/ All information above was found at the Utility Service Group web-site at http://www.utilityservice.com/icepigging.html