NYRWA Employment Opportunity: Wastewater Technical Assistance Provider
NYRWA is currently accepting resumes for a Wastewater Technical Assistance Provider. The New York Rural Water Association anticipates at least (1) future opening and is seeking interested candidates to provide resumes. Preference will be given to applicants in the Lake Champlain Region.
Wastewater Technical Assistance Provider
The purpose of the Wastewater Technical Assistance Provider is to work with wastewater systems and operators in the designated regions to optimize treatment for nutrient reduction and to protect the state and nation’s multi-billion-dollar investment in rural and small municipal water/wastewater and to assist in maintaining regulatory compliance. This objective is met for systems by providing on-site technical assistance that assures cost-effective operations, system optimization, regulatory compliance and capacity development.
- Travel extensively throughout the Lake Champlain & Chesapeake Bay Regions to offer on‑site technical assistance and training for wastewater treatment systems and wastewater operators.
- Provide assistance in all areas of treatment operations optimization, maintenance, management, security, reporting, health, and environmental issues.
- Provide the type of assistance that offers "training" rather than "fixing".
- Prioritize requests to ensure coverage of wastewater systems in the identified regions.
- Review new technical standards set and proposed by public, private and regulatory organizations.
- Respond to inquiries from facilities, consumers, governmental agencies, and others regarding technical matters.
- Provide on-site assistance and/or training that geographically covers the program territory.
- Assistance should be provided to wastewater systems identified in the program requirements.
- May be required to meet with various agencies on routine intervals.
- Accurately complete and submit reporting as required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Company vehicle, laptop, cell phone, printer, and data projector provided.
- Health & dental insurance or a monthly stipend are provided.
- Flexible work schedule, you develop your own schedule, but must work 40 hours per week.
- Recently retired operators are encouraged to apply as well.
- Salary contingent upon qualifications, experience, and ability.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume with salary requirements to:
Jamie Herman, CEO, at email@example.com