Chief Plant Operator - SUEZ North America - West Nyack, New York
Leading the Resource Revolution
With more than 6,700 employees dedicated to leading the resource revolution and integrating environmental sustainability into every aspect of our business, SUEZ proudly serves over 6.4 million people across all 50 states and Canada. The Chief Plant Operator serves as Superintendent of Treatment and Supply for plant operations and is responsible for ensuring continuous supply of potable water. This role manages the workforce, consultants and contractors in order to ensure safe and efficient operation and compliance of the Lake Deforest Dam and Water Treatment Plant, outlying groundwater sources, boosters and storage tanks.
Suez Water New York (SWNY) services approximately 300,000 people throughout Rockland County and small portions of Orange and Putnam Counties. The system encompasses over 1,000 miles of mains and 6,000 hydrants. This position requires professionalism and independent judgment, as well as the ability to manage staff in a union environment. The successful candidate will develop and implement a vision and strategy for the production department in alignment with corporate and NY division operations.
• Minimum 7 years of related experience in water utility operations; supervisory experience preferred
• Both New York State 5A Commercial Pesticide Applicator and Water Treatment Plant Class IA-IB Operator certification or acquisition within one year of hire
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite
• Understanding of instrumentation, automation design, maintenance management systems, hydraulics, distribution systems and Graphic Information Systems (GIS)
• Knowledge of water utility operations, maintenance and construction practices
• Familiarity with regulatory compliance and related safety practices
• Ability to interpret engineering plans and specifications
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, management, organized labor groups, local and state agencies, local officials and customers, as well as negotiate with contractors/vendors
• Ability to work on emergency stand-by (Emergency Supervisor)
About SUEZ North America
We are at the dawn of the resource revolution. In a world facing high demographic growth, runaway urbanization and the shortage of natural resources, securing, optimizing and renewing resources are essential to our future. As the nation’s second largest environmental services firm, SUEZ North America supplies drinking water, wastewater and waste management solutions to 6.4 million people daily, and we are fiercely dedicated to environmental sustainability and smart resource management. The company is a subsidiary of Paris-based SUEZ.
For complete details and to apply, visit: https://suezna-careers.silkroad.com/ and search via requisition: 2886-110.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer